You are here
- Dissertation: "Copying Bach: Compositional Emulation and Originality in Apprenticeships with J. S. Bach, 1720–1750."
- History and theory of eighteenth-century music, especially J. S. Bach, F. Couperin, C. P. E. Bach, and Haydn
- History and theory of music 1450–1550, especially Antoine Brumel
- Music analysis and criticism; compositional process; sketch studies; invention and emulation; counterpoint; rhetoric; form
- Source studies (esp. sources of the music of J. S. Bach); music paleography; notation
- Performance and performance pedagogy (organ, harpsichord, clavichord)
- Music historiography; periodization
- MUSIC 3511 : Individual Instruction
- MUSIC 3512 : Individual Instruction
- MUSIC 3513 : Individual Instruction
- MUSIC 3514 : Individual Instruction
- MUSIC 4501 : Individual Instruction
- "Pierre Nicolas La Font's recently recovered harpsichord music and its new critical edition." Keyboard Perspectives 11 (2019): 83–91.
- "Integrating LaTeX and Lilypond to Embed Music in Text Documents." (2018), https://www.academia.edu/38152013/.
- "Minor-Mode Sonata-Form Dynamics in Haydn's String Quartets." HAYDN: Online Journal of the Haydn Society of North America 9, no. 1 (2019), https://www.rit.edu/affiliate/haydn/volume-91-spring-2019.
- "Johann Sebastian Bach," (2019) in A-R Online Music Anthology, ed. Jonathan Rhodes Lee (Middleton, WI: A-R Editions, 2016–), https://www.armusicanthology.com/Anthology/ViewerPlus.aspx?music_id=920.
- "François Couperin on Touch, Movement, and Soul." Keyboard Perspectives 10 (2017): 19–37.
- "Brumel's Laudate Dominum de caelis and the 'French-court' Motet." Journal of the Alamire Foundation 18, no. 1 (2016): 33–54.
- "Keyboard Technique as Contrapuntal Structure in J. S. Bach's Clavier Works." Understanding Bach 10 (2015): 85–108.
- "Charles Diepart's Six suittes (1701–1702) and the en concert Performance Tradition." The Viola da Gamba Society Journal 4 (2010): 6–35.
- Reviews in Eighteenth-Century Music and Keyboard Perspectives.
- Copying, Emulation, and Plagiarism in the Shadow of J.S. Bach (monograph)
- Monsieur Gallois, Letter Concerning Music (1680) (edition, translation, and commentary)
- W. A. Mozart, Andantino for cello and piano KV 374g (critical edition and completion)
- Agostino Agazzari, Eumelio (1606) (critical edition)
- "On the Notation of the Bass in Agostino Agazzari's Eumelio (1606): the Relationship between Counterpoint and Improvisation" (article)
- "Music Analysis as Appreciation: C.P.E. Bach's Criticism and His Quartets, Wq 93–95" (article)
- "Notizen über das Leipziger katholische Gesangbuch der Bachischen Zeit" (article)
- "Fixing Fantasy: Taste and Interpretation in Nineteenth-Century Interpretations of Bach" (article)
- "Brumel's Borrowings" (invited chapter)