Skip to main content
sidebar
Lincoln Hall

Aeolian-Skinner Organ

Aeolian-Skinner Organ, Opus 1009

This organ was built for Sage Chapel in 1940, under the direction of G. Donald Harrison. It is a classic example of Harrison’s tonal thinking and incorporates advanced neo-Baroque elements (the Positiv division in particular) as well as several ranks re-used from earlier instruments. The Swell Bourdon 16’ and Oboe 8’, all but two stops (the Zauberflöte 2’ and the Cromorne 8’) on the Choir, and the Pedal Bourdon 16’ come from the E. M. Skinner organ, Op. 175, built in the chapel in 1909. The façade incorporates part of the Pedal Violone 16’ from the 1898 King organ that preceded the E. M. Skinner instrument.

Specification:

Great Swell Choir
Principal 8’
Bourdon 8’
Spitzflöte 8’
Principal 4’
Rohrflöte 4’
Quint 2 2/3’
Super Octave 2’
Full Mixture IV
Fourniture IV
Cymbel III
Trumpet 8’
Bourdon 16’
Diapason 8’
Stopped Diapason 8’
Viole de Gambe 8’
Viole Celeste 8’
Sesquialtera II
Principal 4’
Cor de Nuit 4’
Fifteenth 2’
Plein Jeu III
Fagotto 16’
Trompette 8’
Vox Humana 8’
Oboe 8’
Clarion 4’
Tremolo
Viole 8’
Concert Flute 8’
Erzähler 8’
Erzähler Celeste 8’ (from tenor C)
Flauto Traverso 4’
Zauberflöte 2’
English Horn 8’
Cromorne 8’
Tremolo
Positiv Pedal
Gedeckt 8’
Nachthorn 4’
Nasat 2 2/3’
Italian Principal 2’
Terz 1 3/5’
Oktav 1’
Zimbel III
Contra Bourdon 32’
Principal 16’
Violone 16’
Bourdon 16’
Echo Lieblich 16’ (from Swell)
Principal 8’
Gedackt Pommer 8’
Violone 8’
Quint 5 1/3’
Principal 4’
Koppelflöte 4’
Blockflöte 2’
Fourniture IV
Bombarde 16’
Tompette 8’
Clarion 4’